Logical reasoning is an important section of the CLAT exam. Understanding of the concepts and practice is required to ace the section. The direction test is one of the common topics that you will come across in the logical reasoning section of CLAT. While it is an easy section of the exam, it can be tricky for some aspirants. Knowing the right techniques to solve the direction test questions is important.
Here are some of the simple and easy techniques you must know to easily answer the direction test questions. Let’s take a look!
1. Get Familiar with the Direction Chart
When it comes to solving the direction questions, having an idea of the direction chart is important. It will help you to easily name and locate all the directions asked in the questions. Basically, the direction chart consists of 8 common directions. It includes East, West, South, North, Southeast, Southwest, Northeast, and Northwest.
In addition to knowing the different directions, you also must get an idea of the existence of the directions. It is important for the aspirants to know that when there is a chance of 45 or 90 degrees, it becomes a new direction. For instance, 45 degrees change from the north direction will result in the northeast.
2. Know the Clockwise and Anti-Clockwise Direction Rule
Many individuals have a lot of confusion when it comes to clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. Such confusion can limit you from getting the right answers when solving the direction test questions. Therefore, you need to gain clarity about the directions. Do not worry; there is an easy trick to remember the clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
When you move towards the right, it is in a clockwise direction. So, moving from north clockwise or towards the right, you will reach east, then south, and finally west. On the other hand, when you move towards the left, it is anti-clockwise direction. So, turning left or in the anti-clockwise direction from the north will lead you to the west, then South, and East.
3. Understand the Left-Right Movement
When it comes to the left-right movement, you might think that it is very easy. However, in reality, it is a bit tricky. Having a stronghold on the left-right movements is the key to solving the direction test questions much more easily. Here are some left-right movement statements that you need to be well-versed with. With this basic knowledge practice questions for previous years clat question papers, which gives confidence to you.
- If you are at the north position, a left turn will take you to the west. Then, from there, if you turn right, it will be east.
- If you are at the east position, a left turn will take you to the north. A right turn from that position will be south.
- If you are at the south position, a left turn will take you to the east. A right turn from the position will make you reach the west.
- If you are at the west position, a left turn will take you to the south. Then, taking a right turn from that position will lead you to the north.
4. Know the Important Facts
Apart from the direction chart and clockwise/ anti-clockwise rules, there are other important facts you must know. Comprehensive knowledge of all the facts will make it easy for you to solve the direction test questions. Here are the facts you must know.
- At the sunrise time, the shadow of a person who faces the east will be in the west direction.
- When it is 12:00 noon, and the rays of the sun are vertically downward, there is no shadow formation.
- At the sunrise time, the shadow of a person who faces the north will be in the west direction.
- At sunrise time, the shadow of a person who faces the south direction will be on the west.
- At sunset time, the shadow of a person who faces north will be on his/her right.
Now that you know the simple techniques, all you need to do is focus on practice. The more you practice, the better you will become at solving the direction test questions. So take as many as possible Mock test available free on Internet. Make sure to understand all the concepts and techniques properly to score your best in the direction test questions of the CLAT exam.