New Delhi: Hitting out at the Central Government for causing inconvenience to the Indian citizens by its demonetisation move, the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) will stage a nationwide protest against the same and put forth certain demands.
Condemning the manner of execution of demonetisation by the Narendra Modi lead NDA Government, SDPI National General Secretary Elyas Muhammad Thumbe said, “Demonetisation has become a menace in the country due to mindless and ruthless implementation by the central government. The improper and inconvenient arrangements have caused deep distress and anxiety among the common people.”
He further went on to say that SDPI will conduct widespread agitations in the country against the brutal “surgical strikes” on common people of the country. “The prime minister and finance minister are only praising themselves with metaphorical rhetoric instead of accepting their blunder and hastening to resolve the troubles being faced by the people”, Elyas added.
He said, “Social Democratic Party of India will conduct widespread protests, agitations, picketing, marches, silent demonstration and other forms of protest against the anti-people moves and policies of the NDA government.”
He further said that SDPI will put the followings demands before the NDA government:
1. Extend the Date of validity of big currencies up to Dec 31, 2016
2. Immediate availability of sufficient currencies in banks and ATMs
3. Extension of currency exchange limits and withdrawal limits.
4. Take steps to bring back the black money stashed in banks of Switzerland and other countries.
5. Speedy disposal of corruption cases in the country.