News Karnataka
Thursday, February 02 2023
India

Two killed in Mumbai apartment blaze

Photo Credit :

Mumbai: At least two persons were killed on Tuesday in a fire that broke out in an industrialist’s apartment in a residential high-rise in Mumbai’s Cuffe Parade area, officials said.

The deceased has been identified as Pradeep Vir Kundan (22) and Ajay Ram (30). Both died due to excessive inhaling fumes of carbon monoxide. The victims were believed to be domestic helper.

The 20th floor apartment belonged to Bajaj Electricals Chairman and Managing Director Shekhar Bajaj. Bajaj’s family of around 10 were rescued safely from the conflagration.

The blaze was reported around 6.30 a.m. and eight fire tenders brought it under control within an hour. Eight fire engines, six jumbo tankers and one ambulance were rushed to the spot to douse the flames.

The fire was on 20th & 21st floor duplex residential flat no 201 & 211 of Maker tower A Wing which is connected with internal staircase. The fire was confined to household articles, electric wirings, furniture, false ceiling, etc. on 20th & 21st floor in an area of about 3000 sq.feet each room.

Seven persons from room no 201 & 211 and another 11 persons from nearby rooms on same floor were rescued safely. The blaze has been brought under control, cooling operations in progress, an official said.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rohan City Corp
Rohan City Corp

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp