Bengaluru: In a heart-wrenching incident, a 17-year-old girl who was sent home after a Chitradurga police investigation found that she poisoned her father, mother, grandmother, sister, and brother. Except for her brother, all had died after eating the poison-laced Raagi mudde. Her brother who also became unwell, later recovered in the hospital.
The incident has been reported from Isasamudra Village in Chitradurga Taluk. On July 12, four persons of a family died after eating poison-laced food. Initially, it was suspected that it is a case of food poisoning. However, forensic reports had revealed that pesticides were laced with the food which caused the death of all.
Only the family’s youngest daughter had not consumed food which resulted in the deaths of four people. Police investigating the case discovered that the younger daughter laced poison into the food since she was not treated equally by her parents.