News Karnataka
Thursday, April 18 2024
Cricket
Bengaluru

2008 Bengaluru serial blasts case: Special public prosecutor resigns

Photo Credit :

Bengaluru: K K Seetaram, the special public prosecutor (SPP) in the 2008 Bengaluru serial blasts case, who had resigned on December 17 last year, has said that he would continue till the government appoints a new prosecutor.
Bengaluru blast: Police investigation has no lead, yet-1

Seetaram who maintained that his resignation was not in connection with the ongoing trial in the case, said “I have cited health problems and the government has now accepted the resignation. I will continue till the government appoints a new prosecutor,” he said.

In the last six months, the SPP had filed two applications seeking protection to witnesses in the case in the wake of a case being registered against prime accused Tadiyantavide Nazeer and his associate Shanawaz for threatening witnesses from Kerala.

Just two weeks ago, the SPP had filed an application seeking ‘in-camera’ trial following continued intimidation of the witnesses.

A total of 19 accused are in judicial custody, while one – Abdul Naseer Madani – is out on bail on health grounds. Of the 20 accused, 11 have already been sentenced to life by the National Investigation Agency court in Ernakulam, Kerala, for similar offences.
 

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp