Kasaragod: The preliminary autopsy report into the death of Anju Sreeparvathy (19) ruled out food poisoning as the cause of death. According to the report, she had bowel abnormalities and was diagnosed with jaundice.
Her viscera were sent for chemical analysis for investigation.
The report also stated that poison was found in Anjushree’s body. The forensic surgeon believes it is not food poisoning. The report claimed that the poison had disabled the intestines.
Anju, a resident of Perumbala near Kasaragod, died on Saturday at a hospital in Mangaluru. The death was thought to be caused by food poisoning from eating ‘Kuzhimanthi,’ which she had purchased on December 31 from a restaurant named Romansia in Kasaragod. Following this Kerala Health Minister Veena George ordered a probe into the incident.
Three persons, including the hotel’s owner, have been arrested in connection with the incident.