News Karnataka
Monday, December 05 2022
Mangaluru

DK gets Rs 10700 crore from Centre for development works

Photo Credit :

Mangaluru: Dakshina Kannada district has received Rs 10700 Crore from the central government under various schemes, confirmed Member of Parliament from Mangaluru, Nalin Kumar Kateel on November 9.
Addressing a gathering of people and party workers in the BJP party office at Bantwal, MP Nalin disclosed that under the Central Road Fund, the district received Rs 122 Crore in total and Bantwal taluk alone received Rs 27 Crore.

Ascertaining that there was no politics in this development, MP Nalin said the proposal sent by the local legislator had to be approved by the area parliament member before central government starts releasing funds. He displayed the sanction letter to the reporters to substantiate his claim.

The Centre has sanctioned 80 percent funds for the second phase of drinking water project under the Town Municipal Council (TMC) limits, and the remaining 20 percent will be shared equally by the local TMC and the state government, he clarified.

He also revealed that Central Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari had released funds for projects undertaken by the former Central Minister Oscar Fernandes.

Longest stretch of road concretisation in the Country taken up in DK

The 63.5 Km road stretch between B C Road and Addahole is being concretised and this will be the longest stretch of concrete road in the country once complete, Kateel mentioned. Larsen & Toubro will be undertaking the project and the land acquisition process between Balthila and Kalladka stretch is pending where a flyover will be constructed, MP Nalin confirmed.

The road widening between Mulki- Polali-BC Road–Melkar has begun and is now in DPAR phase and Central Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari will lay the foundation stone, he added.

District to have 100 Generic Medicine Counters

The Central Ayush Department has sanctioned 100 generic medicine outlets in the district. The medicines through these counters, will be available at cheaper rates. This apart, under the Mudra Bank Programme, Centre has given Rs 600 Crore loan which is a record by itself, MP said.

The second phase of works on Shiradi Ghat will begin by November end. Discussions with officials are in progress to not close the road stretch permanently but to allow light vehicles, he clarified.

Direct fast train between Mangalore-Bengaluru by May 2017

Hurdles on the stretch between Mangaluru and Bengaluru via Hassan have been cleared and the direct train services will commence by May 2017, MP Nalin said. The service road will be cleared and a special bus bay will be developed and all potholed roads in B C road will be concretised, he assured.

BJP district President Sanjeeva Matandur, State BJP spokesperson Sulochana G K Bhat, former MLAs Rukmaiah Poojary and Padmanabha Kottari were present among others during the briefing.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp