News Karnataka
Friday, December 02 2022
Mangaluru

Govt committed mistake by withholding ex-gratia: former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil

Photo Credit :

Mangaluru: Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil opined that the state government had committed a mistake by deciding to withhold the ex-gratia announced for the victims of Mangaluru police firing.

Calling the firing episode as unfortunate, Senthil said that the decision of withholding the ex-gratia seems like a targeted move.

The former bureaucrat also said that the Citizenship Amendment Act and the NRC are both against the poor and that the economically backward and the middle class will be massively hit.

“There was absolutely no need for CAA and the NRC,” he opined adding that the atmosphere in the country was not conducive at all.

It may be recalled that Senthil, who was serving as the Deputy Commissioner of Dakshina Kannada district resigned from the post in September, 2019 citing that he could not agree with the policies of the present central government.

Two persons had lost lives in the police firing during the CAA protests that turned violent in Mangaluru recently.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp