News Karnataka
Wednesday, April 17 2024
Cricket
Mangaluru

Mangaluru: PM’s programme open to general public, says DC

Rajendra KV, Shashi kumar
Photo Credit : News Karnataka

Mangaluru: Deputy Commissioner Dr. Rajendra K. V. said that all arrangements have been made by the District Administration for the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit and public is free to participate.

Addressing a press conference at the Deputy Commissioner’s Office in the City on Wednesday August 31, he said that more than one and a half lakh people including beneficiaries of various Government schemes will participate in the event. Some beneficiaries will be handed over the projects. Since the event will be held at 1.00 pm, the public should assemble in advance. He said some precautionary measures are being taken in view of safety and added that the public can participate freely.

DC said, “It has been directed that beneficiaries need not compulsorily participate. But the request has been made to do the same.”

Rajendra KV, Shashi kumar

Speaking to the mediapersons, Police Commissioner N. Shashi Kumar said that no objectionable material should be brought to the venue. Traffic will be diverted at 9 junctions within the Commissionerate limits. In all 15 parking lots have been identified. Officers and staff of various units including CAR, KSRP, Home Guard will be deployed for bandobast, he said.

Further, two cases have been registered against people making derogatory statements against MP Nalin Kumar Kateel and programme on social media.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp