News Karnataka
Thursday, February 02 2023
Mangaluru

State govt to withdraw 13 cases filed against Muthalik?

Photo Credit :

Mangaluru: If sources are to be believed, the State government, which has been ranting rhetoric against the saffron forces is all set to withdraw 13 case that stand registered against Sri Rama Sene Chief Pramodh Muthalik, who has been banned from entering Goa specifically because of his provocative speeches.

The 13 cases of hate speech include the provocative speech that Muthalik had delivered around the notorious 2009 pub attack incident in Mangaluru as well.

It is said that of the said 13 cases, two each pertain to those registered in Dakshina Kannada and Uttara Kannada districts, respectively, in 2009. The other cases were registered in Dharwad, Mysuru, Vijayapura, and Madikeri. These cases were registered between 2002 and 2009.

On receiving the opinion from the Director of Prosecution on withdrawal of cases, it will be placed before the Cabinet.

While Muthalik was unavailable for response, speaking to newskarnataka.com, Dakshina Kannada District in-charge Minister Ramanath Rai said that he was not aware of any such proposal.

“However, I can assure that such a move is not possible,” Rai said.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rohan City Corp
Rohan City Corp

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp