News Karnataka
Monday, April 22 2024
Cricket
Udupi

High tension wires spark fire, burning down three acre land

Photo Credit :

Karkala: As much as three acres of land opposite Nitte College was gutted in fire due to the intersection of high-tension wires. A bigger tragedy was averted due to the timely service of fire fighters. The incident took place on Thursday, February 18 at around 2.30 pm.

The high-tension wires situated just at a height of about 10 metres from the ground level, are loosely held by the two electric poles supporting them. As a result, the wires often come in contact with each other causing sparks. The spark that erupted today, first burnt dry grass and the same spread across three acres of open land. As the locals rushed to douse the flames, no harm was caused to the houses and a religious place located nearby. However, a few coconut plantations were charred.

Locals have complained that such an incident occurs at least twice a year and that several verbal and written complaints lodged with the MESCOM over several years haven’t evoked any response.

 

High tension wires spark fire, burning down three acre land
High tension wires spark fire, burning down three acre land
High tension wires spark fire, burning down three acre land

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp