News Karnataka
Thursday, October 06 2022
Technology

Twitter to cut annual bonuses for employees by 50% amid downturn

Twitter to cut annual bonuses for employees by 50 amid downturn
Photo Credit : IANS

San Francisco: Parag Agrawal-led Twitter has warned employees that they are set to get only half of their annual bonuses, as the economic meltdown gets deeper.

Twitter’s chief financial officer Ned Segal told employees that global market conditions would affect the annual bonuses they receive, with the “bonus pool currently at 50 per cent of what it could be if the company met its financial targets,” reports The New York Times.

The annual bonus figure could fluctuate even further throughout the year based on Twitter’s upcoming earnings, according to Segal who wrote an email to Twitter employees on Friday.

The company employs more than 7,500 people globally.

Last month, Twitter laid off 30 per cent employees from its talent acquisition team.

Twitter earlier paused most hiring and backfills, except for business critical roles as determined by ‘Staff’ members.

The micro-blogging platform is currently embroiled in a legal battle with Musk after he terminated the $44 billion takeover deal over the actual number of bots on the platform.

The legal battle will begin at the Delaware Court of Chancery in the US from October 17 for five days.

The tech billionaire has also filed a countersuit against Twitter as part of the ongoing legal dispute, challenging CEO Agrawal to have a public debate on fake accounts and spam.

Twitter said in July that it incurred $270 million net loss in the second quarter (Q2), largely owing to uncertainty related to the pending acquisition by Musk that adversely hit its advertising business.

The company said that its Q2 revenue totalled $1.18 billion, a decrease of 1 per cent year-over-year, “reflecting advertising industry headwinds associated with the macro-environment as well as uncertainty related to the pending acquisition of Twitter by an affiliate of Musk”.

Read more:

‘Ramarao On Duty’ director locks Twitter handle to escape criticism

Twitter-Musk court battle to start October 17 for 5 days

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp