News Karnataka
Wednesday, February 08 2023
Special

Healthy ideas to stay hydrated for hours

Healthy ideas to stay hydrated for hours
Photo Credit : Pixabay

Water creates over 70 per cent of your body, therefore drinking enough of it is essential for good health. It regulates internal body temperature and balances hunger, along with many other things.

Dehydration can result in poor kidney function and other problems if you don’t drink enough water. About 20 per cent of the water we consume each day comes from meals, while the remaining 80 per cent comes from liquids we drink.

You must be mindful of your body’s hydration needs before deciding to increase your hydration levels. You can increase your water usage by setting a daily target. Setting a goal on its own can be inspirational and increase your chance of making lengthy improvements.

It is important to understand that you don’t have to wait till you’re thirsty to drink. When it is hot outside, drink plenty of water throughout the day and increase your normal hydration status, especially if you are moving. Give your water a taste if you find plain water tasteless. You can do so with some fresh fruit or a little fruit juice.

You can drink more water by having a water bottle around with you all day. You can also use an app or the alarm on your smartphone or smartwatch to remind you to drink more water.

Several fruits and vegetables also have a lot of water along with beneficial nutrients. Cucumbers, leafy greens, radishes, celery, zucchini and tomatoes are vegetables rich in water content.

It is never too late to get back on track with your hydration routine, even if you have fallen behind. By doing so, you will put yourself in a situation to enjoy the advantages of doing so on your health.

Share this:
Archana Bijo

The author is a postgraduate in Mass Communication and Journalism from Kristu Jayanti College (Autonomous), Bengaluru. Her interests range from Photojournalism, Media Research, Documentaries, Communication Studies, Film Studies, Radio Journalism, Women Studies, Advertisement Studies with keen interest in writing on varied topics and articles relating to photography, festivals, moments of life, and travel.

Read More Articles
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rohan City Corp
Rohan City Corp

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp