News Karnataka
Thursday, October 28 2021

Open Space

New vaccination policy: What you need to know

India is one of the largest vaccine makers in the world. While it is expected that the country will face a third wave of Coronavirus by September, India launched a new policy for Covid-19 vaccination which came into effect on June 21 to boost the vaccination drive. Here, are the highlights of the recent Covid vaccination policy, which clarifies the most common queries about the world’s biggest vaccination drive.

How the centre decides on procurement and distribution of vaccination?

The centre will directly procure 75 per cent of the doses manufactured by vaccine companies, and distribute this among the states, to be administered free. Private hospitals will have exclusive access to the remaining 25 per cent.

The allocation of the vaccination to the state will be based on population, caseloads, the progress of vaccination and wastage of vaccines.

Is vaccination for the age group of 18+ free?

The new centralised vaccination policy allows every Indian citizen above 18 years of age to get vaccinated free of cost at Central and State Government centres.

How much should I pay for vaccines in private centres?

If the citizens want to be vaccinated at private centres they have to pay Rs 780 for Covishield, Rs 1410 for Covaxin and Rs 1145 for Sputnik V with additional services charges.

Is there any concession available at private centres for economically weaker section?

Non-transferable electronic vouchers will be introduced to enable people to financially support vaccination of economically weaker sections at private hospitals. It can be downloaded on mobile or scanned at vaccination sites. The amount will be credited.

I am unable to access CoWIN, what should I do?

The new policy stated if a person is unable to access CoWIN website for online registration, all the government and private vaccination centres will provide an onsite registration facility too.

Which are the priority groups in vaccination drive?

Like earlier policy, health care and frontline workers remain a priority in vaccination drives. All the states and UTs have to prioritise vaccination of citizens above 45. States are given authority to decide the vaccination for 18-44 age group in their own priority.

Can we get the foreign vaccines?

Clarifying the rumours around the supply of foreign vaccination to India, the new policy stated that no supply agreements have been finalised yet with Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson.

SC PV Kamat

Preeti V Kamat, a young Postgraduate in Mass Communication and Journalism from Karnatak University, Dharwad utilises her considerable learned journalistic knowledge and inherent nose for news that matters to provide the media brands of the Spearhead Media group with a competitive edge. Her focus is on profiles and human-interest stories.

Read More Articles
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to our Brand New YouTube Channel

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

Subscribe Newsletter

Get latest news karnataka updates on your email.

error: Content is protected !!