News Karnataka
Sunday, September 25 2022
Asia

Lebanon condemns deadly attack in Egypt’s Sinai

Lebanon condems attack in Sinai
Photo Credit :

Beirut: Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati has condemned the deadly attack in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula that killed 11 troops on Saturday May 8, Lebanon’s Council of Ministers said in a statement.

In a phone conversation with Egypt’s Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly, Mikati said “we condemn this terrorist act that targeted brotherly Egypt, its security and stability.”

“We express our sympathy with the people of Egypt and the families of the victims in this ordeal,” Mikati was quoted as saying by Xinhua news agency.

“We are confident that Egypt, under the leadership of Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi, is able to confront all dangers firmly and restore its prosperity,” Mikati noted.

The Egyptian army said at least 11 Egyptian troops on Saturday were killed and five others wounded in the clashes with a group of terrorists at a water pumping station in western Sinai.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp