Mangaluru: Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management is hosting Synergia 2023, a three-day National-level Technical and Innovation fest, from December 7 to 9. With the tagline “Where Innovation Changes the Future“, Synergia is a platform for students to showcase their talents, collaborate with peers, network with industry leaders, and contribute to solutions addressing societal and industrial challenges.
Synergia is a key to bridge the knowledge and experience gap among young innovators and fosters an innovation ecosystem in the Mangalore region to prepare the next generation of leaders.
Synergia is a fusion of three distinct sub-events – SSTH, Aerophilia, and CodeBlaze, each offering a unique blend of learning and excitement.
The Sahyadri Science Talent Hunt (SSTH) is a platform focused on practical, hands-on learning, encouraging high school and pre-university students to apply their knowledge to real-world projects in areas like Agriculture, Healthcare, Fisheries, Waste Management, and Renewable Energy, aligning with the United Nations’ sustainable development goals.
Aerophilia centers around aeromodelling and also features diverse events like bot building and drone racing. It highlights advancements in technology and robotics to help students to get acclimated to the world of aviation via various competitions.
Codeblaze is a 20-hour hackathon where participants use their coding skills to solve problems sourced from industries. It’s a platform for collaboration and creativity, showcasing the impact of community-driven coding and problem-solving by emerging with software solutions in real time.
● The event begins with the “Be with Engineering program” of Sahyadri Science Talent Hunt, inviting the top 100 teams to Sahyadri’s campus.
● Students will collaborate with industry professionals and aspiring engineers, visit launchpads and incubators, and gain a deep understanding of engineering. This experience aims to sharpen their skills for developing a project for the grand finale.
● The second day commences with the Inauguration ceremony of Synergia’23 , followed by an air show by eminent flyers across the nation
● Be with Engineering continues, along with the start of events like the Aeromodelling competition, Bot events and the 20-hour hackathon
● In the evening, the cultural fest will unfold, bringing together a tapestry of performances, exhibitions, and artistic expressions
● SSTH’s grand finale will feature an exciting showcase of creative projects to be judged by prominent industry professionals.
● The final day will also include the valedictory ceremony which will announce the winners of the competitions, bringing Synergia 23 to its conclusion.
● Throughout the three days, Synergia will also feature a food carnival and a talent show, adding to the vibrancy of the event.
Synergia 2023 provides a platform that brings together the brightest minds to collaborate, innovate, and shape the future. The event aims to inspire participants and spectators alike, fostering a culture of technological advancement and creative thinking.
Sahyadri expects participation from over 200 institutions thereby reaching 6000+ students by showcasing a diverse range of activities and competitions, catering to a wide audience, from students to industry professionals.