Report of the Conference on Hospitality Industry: Career, Growth and its Future
Mangaluru: Department of Hospitality Science of Yenepoya Institute of Arts, Science, Commerce and Management organized a One-day Conference on Hospitality Industry: Career, Growth and its future at Hotel Vivanta Mangalore.
The conference was inaugurated by Javeed Yenepoya, Director of Yenepoya Group symbolically lighting the lamp along with other dignitaries like, Dr Tobin Joseph – Academic Coordinator, Dr Sujay Nair- Academic Advisor and Peter Nirmal – General manager of Vivanta Mangalore.
Dr Arun Bhagwath principal, Dr Shareena and Narayan Sukumara – Vice Principals Mervin Vas – HOD, Dept. Of Hospitality Science and Pavitra Shetty Placement Officer were on the dais.
The conference included the session and workshop modes by experts they are as follows:
1) Dr Sujay Nair explained about the NEP -2020.
2) Peter Nirmal and his team addressed with IHCL and Taj Group
3) Nikitha conducted a workshop on mocktail making and mixology
4) Alumni Alan Stephen (2017 batch) and Darwin Shaji (2019 batch) joined online and interacted with the participants on their exposure being in the hospitality industry.
5) Mariam demonstrated her baking skills by preparing cakes that looked like hamburgers
6) Mervin Jaison Vas, HOD, Dept. of Hospitality Science gave an orientation of the department and explained the programmes under the said department.
Students were also taken around the hotel operation area and shown the functionality of the hotel.
Participation certificates were handed over to all the participants.
The Conference concluded with the National Anthem. Hashrath hosted the event, Nida welcomed and Sayyed Saif thanked the gathering at the event.
More than 50 students attended the conference and benefited from it.