Mangaluru: Sarvamangala Trust in association with Pathway enterprises held D’fashion Ramp & ECO2INC Launch on Jan 8, 2023 at Roshni Nilaya – School of Social Work, Mangalore in Seminar Hall from 2 pm to 6 pm.
D’Fashion Ramp was the first fashion show for persons with disabilities organised by Pathway Enterprises – The reputed and official organisers of Mrs Mangalore Beauty Pageant. This event was conducted by Sarvamangala Trust in Association with Pathway Enterprises.
ECO2INC – The marketplace for promoting the works and products of persons with disabilities & their NGOs were launched.
About Sarvamangala Trust :
Sarvamangala Trust ® is a registered non-government entity operating in the
Karavali regions of Coastal Karnataka. We are an operational NGO, that carries out boots-on-the-ground projects to accomplish our objectives.
This requires a great deal of careful planning, communication, and local involvement for each project.
Our main focus areas are
• Empowerment of Girls/Women with Visual Impairment through Education [Directly contributes to SDG 4 – Quality Education]
• Creation of sustainable models for employment of persons with disabilities in rural areas to make them self-sufficient and self-reliant [Directly contributes to SDG 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth]
• Eco-friendly Products, Wealth out of Waste, Recycling Projects for persons with disabilities [Directly Contributes to SDG-11&12 Sustainable cities & communities, Responsible Consumption & Production]
Dignitaries on the dais for small stage programme –
1. Prof. Vineetha, Roshni Nilaya, BSW College
2. Mr Nagral, Sr. Special Educator, DDRC, Dakshina Kannada District
3. Dr Mehboob, Community Service Co-ordinator, MV Foundation Puttur, On Behalf of Mr PVS Subramani Founder
4. Dr Poornima Bhat, Founder of Arivu & President of Disability NGO Alliance, Coastal Division
5. Ms Swarna Muthuraj, Founder & Managing Trustee of Sarvamangala Trust
• Ms Radhika Bhat, Volunteer & D’fashion Ramp Event Organiser, Sarvamangala Trust
• Mr Deepak Ganguli, Pathway Enterprises & Other Event Organisers, Modelling Agency.
• Food – Kamath Caterer
• Event – Maharaja sponsored
• Roshni Nilaya provided the free hall, with sound and lighting
Volunteers from Roshni Nilaya School of Social Work & IDS College participated in the event.
Volunteers from Sarvamangala Trust (Mrs Radhika Bhat, Mr Gaurav Singh, Dr Mehboob) have supported the event.
Audience Attendees – Footfall of around 75 people: Special parents’ support group | association – 4 groups, Parents of children with disabilities, Children with disabilities from more than 5 NGOs participated namely: Arivu Early intervention, St. Agnes Special school, Navachethana Special school, Cethana, and Sarvamangala Trust.
ECO2INC – The online marketplace for promoting the products made by persons with disabilities and their organisation in the Karavali region was launched.
The current partners of the ECO2INC Market place are: MV Foundation, Puttur, Arivu Trust for Early Intervention, Mangalore, Vijetha Special School, Karkala, Sarvamangala Trust, Riya Foundation, Mangalore and the Core Committee for ECO2INC: Prof. Vineetha, Roshni Nilaya, Mr Subramani, MV Foundation, Dr Poornima, Arivu Trust.
The organisers welcomed and invited NGO leaders to join this movement-ECO2INC Advisory Core Committee for creating ecosystems to promote the works and empowerment of persons with disabilities in the Karavali Region.