News Karnataka
Wednesday, February 28 2024
India

Ban China firms from the tendering process: SJM

Photo Credit :

LACSTANDOFFpic courtesy: Hindustan Times

New Delhi: A day after the India Army said 20 of its officers and soldiers were killed in a violent face-off with the Chinese troops in Ladakh, the Swadeshi Jagran Manch on Wednesday demanded that Chinese companies be banned from participation in the tendering process in the country.

The Manch — an affiliate of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh that deals with economic issues — also demanded the cancellation of the lowest bid made by China’s Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co Ltd for the construction of an underground stretch of the Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System project.

Appealing to the Indians to boycott Chinese products, the Manch demanded a ban on the import of Chinese goods and levy of cess on China-made products sold in India.

Manch co-convener Ashwani Mahajan told IANS that he is appealing to the Indian actors, sportspersons, and other celebrities not to promote Chinese products which, he said, would be a true tribute to the soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Mahajan also demanded that an agreement inked recently between the Maharashtra government and a Chinese auto company be cancelled.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp