News Karnataka
Sunday, February 05 2023

Two labourers fall ill after consuming soft drink

Photo Credit :

Patna: Two labourers were taken ill after consuming soft drink in Bihar’s Gopalganj district, an official said.

Sailendra Kumar Mahto and Ramesh Mahto, who were returning from Chennai on Monday, de-boarded at Sher railway station and purchased soft drink and soon after consuming it, started vomitting blood.

Confirming the incident, Dhananjay Kumar, the SHO of Sidhwalia police station, said: “As there was scorching heat, the two labourers went to a vendor on a railway station and purchased a soft drink bottle and consumed it. Soon, they started vomiting blood. The nearby people immediately informed us and we rushed to the spot. With the help of local passengers, we rushed them to Sadar hospital,” Kumar said.

“We have also detained the vend’s operator for quizzing. The cold drink bottle was sent to the lab for testing,” Kumar said.

Dr Ramakant Singh, the medical officer at the emergency ward of the Sadar hospital said: “The victims have shown recovery from illness. There is a possibility that the soft drink may have been very old and had become unfit for drinking due to intense heat. It infected the lungs of the victims. The actual reasons would be ascertained after the lab report comes.”

Share this:
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rohan City Corp
Rohan City Corp

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp