Gurugram: According to police on Monday, a child in Haryana passed away after drinking paint thinner and mistaking it for water.
According to reports, Hakshan, who was one and a half years old, passed away on Sunday while being transported to a hospital in Gurugram. He had become unconscious due to a severe stomach ache.
According to police, the incident was reported from the village of Kothada Raipur in Sohna, where Hakshan’s family was present at a marriage ceremony.
The ceremony was taking place at a house, which was painted a few weeks ago, and the thinner was bought then, they said.
Hakshan, who was playing, drank the thinner, mistaking it for water, police said and added that he had come to Sohna along with his parents.
“The child drank the thinner by mistake. We have lodged a report and taken action under 174 of the Crpc. The body has been handed over to his family after postmortem,” Investigating Officer Dharmendra said. The boy was a resident of Jalalpur village in Haryana’s Palwal district.