News Karnataka
Wednesday, March 22 2023
Uttar Pradesh

Man electrocuted, wife dies trying to save him

Photo Credit :

Shahjahanpur: A man died after coming into contact with a high-tension power cable near his house and his wife died while trying to rescue him.

The incident took place in Singhapur village under Mirzapur police station in Shahjahanpur district on Saturday night.

Dangal Singh, 42, a marginal farmer, was working on the terrace of his house when he accidentally came in contact with the overhead cable and was instantly electrocuted.

Hearing her husband’s screams, his wife, Jashoda Devi, 38, rushed upstairs and tried to rescue him. She also sustained burns.

The couple was rushed to the government medical college where Dangal Singh was declared dead and Yashoda also succumbed to injuries during treatment.

Power department officials said the power lines were laid before the houses in that row were constructed. The construction of these houses was done without proper approval.

Manbahadur Singh, SHO of Mirzapur police station, said, “The bodies were handed over to their kin after autopsy on Sunday. No official complaint has so far been filed in this matter.”

The couple is survived by three daughters and two sons but there is no breadwinner in the family. The oldest daughter is 17 years old.

Share this:
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rohan City Corp

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp