Hyderabad: Four days after her drunk husband set her ablaze for not cooking mutton curry properly, a 40-year-old woman on Thursday succumbed to injuries.
Shanker Rao C, a labourer, allegedly poured kerosene on his wife Sulochana who worked as a maid and set her ablaze at their house in Katedan area on the evening of December 20.
It is said that Shanker had brought mutton and asked her to make curry. After eating it, he beat her up saying it wasn’t good enough and had a quarrel with her. Later, an inebriated Shanker poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze saying her living was useless because she didn’t know how to cook food.
Sulochana’s mother and daughter, who were present, raised alarm after he set her on fire and the neighbours rushed and doused the flames.
She was then taken to at a state-run Osmania General Hospital where she died after four days of battle for life.
The accused was arrested on Wednesday on the charge of attempt to murder and harassment.