News Karnataka
Friday, March 01 2024
Dharwad

Tragic fatality were a teenager electrocuted while playing cricket

WhatsApp Image 2023 11 25 at 10.17.52 AM
Photo Credit : News Karnataka

Dharwad: A devastating incident unfolded as a 16-year-old boy lost his life after accidentally touching an electric wire while playing cricket at Madihal Siddarama Colony in the city.

The victim, identified as 16-year-old Shreyas Sinnura, tragically lost his life while playing cricket behind his house. The incident occurred when he attempted to catch the ball and accidentally came in contact with an electric wire, resulting in his demise.

Also read:

Officials start Elephant Radio Collaring to tackle conflicts

Shreyas, was pursuing SSLC at Rajiv Gandhi School in Dharwad. On the fateful day, he returned home from school and, while sitting at home, received an invitation from a friend to play a game. Within 10 minutes of joining the cricket game near a construction site behind his house, Shreyas tragically suffered an electric shock. Upon learning of the incident, his parents hurried to the scene. Despite being rushed to the hospital, Shreyas could not be saved, as shared by his father, Ashok.

 

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp