News Karnataka
Sunday, January 29 2023
Bengaluru

Bengaluru airport receives bomb threat, officials declare hoax

Photo Credit :

Bengaluru: The city airport on Friday night received a bomb threat – not only that – as many as six other international flights in Delhi as well had the same experience.

However, the call was found to be a hoax following a thorough search by security personnel. The Bengaluru police have also identified the caller, and are likely to question him soon.

Confirming that the call was a hoax, CISF said that no bomb was found on any of the flights, and that they were cleared.

Reports said that it was the same caller who made threat calls to Delhi and Bengaluru flights.

“The Bomb Threat Assessment Committee declared threat as specific at 2 am. Both the Jet Airways and Cathay flights were called back and taken to an isolation bay after landing under emergency conditions. Swiss Air flight which was on-ground was also sent to the isolation bay,” sources said.

 

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp