Bengaluru: In a tragic incident, an eight-year-old Malayali girl died after inhaling pesticides.
The deceased has been identified as Ahana, daughter of Vinod of Kannur.
According to sources, the incident happened at Vasat Nagar in the City. The child’s parents are undergoing treatment in the hospital’s intensive care unit.
The incident happened when the family got home after the owner had requested them to stay away for two days so that they could clean the rented home. The family felt uncomfortable after two hours of sleep, but they thought it was due to travel fatigue.
When the child’s health started to deteriorate, their family members came and took the three to the hospital. The condition of the child’s father is also critical. Inhalation of an insecticide-like chemical was the cause of death, informed the doctor. They claimed that only after the post-mortem will it be clear.