News Karnataka
Thursday, April 18 2024
Cricket
Bengaluru Rural

Bengaluru Rural: Items worth lakhs burnt in fire accident

House on fire: Assets worth thousands damaged
Photo Credit : IANS

Bengaluru Rural: A TV, fridge and washing machine repair godown caught fire due to a short circuit causing loss of lakhs of rupees. The incident took place in Ramapura where valuables were burnt.

The fire broke out on Friday December 16 afternoon when the workers of the godown had gone to the mosque for prayers. Therefore, there were no casualties.

The fire broke out and the locals informed the fire brigade and the fire men, who reached the spot, managed to douse the fire after more than three hours of continuous operation with the help of locals.

The fire caused traffic jams on the main road connecting Byrathi to the National Highway via Bidarahalli for sometime.

Ranjit, the owner of the godown, said that more than Rs. 11 lakh worth of items in the godown were completely gutted in the fire.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp