News Karnataka
Wednesday, November 30 2022
Bengaluru

Narayana Health launches Institute of Orthopedics and Joint Replacements at Whitefield

Photo Credit :

Bengaluru: Narayana Health has now launched an Institute of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacements at their facility in Whitefield, Bengaluru and expanded the scope of surgical practices within Narayana Health Group of hospitals.

Narayana Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacements is a specialized centre of excellence supported by academics and training for improved patient care with a team of highly skilled and experienced doctors, nurses and therapists. The Institute will offer six months Fellowship Programs in basic and complex Joint Replacements and Revision Surgeries. It will include a dedicated inpatient and outpatient unit and a rehab program for patients who have orthopaedic surgical procedures. The Institute will specialize in Joint Replacement and revision surgeries including spine surgeries, total and partial knee replacement and hip replacements.

Dr. R D Chakravarty, a graduate and post-graduate of Banaras Hindu University with specialization in Orthopaedic Surgery from the University of Liverpool, UK will head the Narayana Institute of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacements at NH Whitefield along with a highly experienced team of doctors. He specializes in Joint Replacements and Sports Medicine and is the first surgeon in the world to have done Bilateral Knee and Bilateral Hip (four joint replacements) in one single sitting.

With a team of highly skilled and experienced surgeons, the Institute will offer specialized treatments for sports injury, complex trauma and spinal surgery as well as all primary and revision joint replacement surgeries for adults as well as children. The objective of this institute will be to address all orthopaedic ailments and treat them with the support of evidence-based medicine under one roof.

“As our nation’s population ages, the need for orthopaedic care is ever increasing”, informed Dr. Devi Shetty, Chairman – Narayana Health. “There are 104 million people in India who are above the age of 60 and 71% of them live in rural areas while the rest 29% stay in urban India. As per the Orthopaedic Devices Market Forecast 2016, 25 in every 1000 people opt for an orthopedic surgery due to osteoarthritis. It is our endeavour to reach out to the masses through effective use of technology and telemedicine and provide access to patients in remote locations as well to avail super-speciality Orthopaedic treatment at a very affordable cost. The new institute will emerge as the Centre of Excellence similar to Cardiac and Cancer Centre established by Narayana Health to benefit education, research and patient care,” he said.

Dr. Chakravarthy highlighted ‘Day Care Surgeries’ as the future in Joint Replacements with quick turnover in hip and knee replacement surgeries, decreased cost and reduced rate of infection. “This will enable more number of patients to avail our services bringing the cost down with faster recovery and less hospital stay,” he said. “We will also provide post-surgical care at the door-step, training the care givers to treat patients at home with rehab and physiotherapy during the recovery process under the personal supervision of trained physiotherapists,” he added.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp