Ramanagara: A car caught fire while it was being towed along the National Highway at Komanahalli, Channapatna on Friday September 30.
The accident happened as the car was being taken to Mysuru for repairs after it had occurred near Bidadi. It is suspected that a short circuit caused the fire after the diesel leaked while the car was being towed.
Personnel from the Channapatna fire brigade rushed to the spot and doused the fire. The incident did not result in any reported casualties. The flames, however, destroyed the car.
A case has been registered at Channapatna Rural Police Station.