News Karnataka
Sunday, January 29 2023
Karwar

Karwar: 19 new clinic to start in State, says Minister S Hebbar

Photo Credit : Facebook

Karwar: “With the rise in the number of working class in the State, the Government has sanctioned to start an additional 19 new clinics and accordingly one under the Workers’ State Insurance (Medical) Services at Sirsi in Uttara Kannada District, said Labour Minister Shivaram Hebbar.

Speaking after inaugurating the new clinic at a function here on Tuesday December 6, he said 113 ESI clinics and hospitals were already functioning in the State. Around 5,000 insurance workers are working in the area and the clinic is being set up here in the interest of their health, he said.

“These clinics are being started as a joint venture between the Central and State Governments, the Minister said. Workers earning less than Rs. 21,000 will be eligible for treatment at this clinic, with 0.75 per cent of the workers’ registration contribution and 0.75 per cent from employers. The insurance card will be issued with a deduction of 3.25% and a total contribution of 4%. Under the scheme, the insured’s wife, children, parents, minor brother and sister can also benefit from the scheme,” he said.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp