News Karnataka
Thursday, February 09 2023

Kasaragod: 20-year-old girl dies of alleged food poisoning

Anju’s death not due to food poisoning, says report
Photo Credit : By Author

Kasaragod: In a suspected case of food poisoning, a 20-year old woman has died after allegedly consuming a biryani dish, Kuzhimanthi from a local hotel.

The deceased has been identified as Anju Sreeparvathi from Perumbala in the District. She had purchased the dish online from a restaurant at Kasaragod on December 31. Falling ill after that, she was undergoing treatment in a local private hospital and then Mangaluru. The girl died in the early morning of Saturday January 7.

The Police said that a case has been registered after her parents filed the complaint. Further action will be taken based on the forensic report, it is learnt.

Health Minister Veena George has ordered a probe into the incident. She informed that the license of the hotels which are accused of food poisoning, will be cancelled under the Food Safety and Standards Act (FSSA).

Share this:
Steephan Kayyar

Read More Articles
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To get the latest news on WhatsApp