News Karnataka
Wednesday, December 06 2023

Lightning Strike Causes Electrical Short Circuit, Injures Two

Photo Credit : News Karnataka

Mangalore: In a terrifying incident in Vamanjoor, Amrit Nagar, the home of Gopal Poojari, a resident of the outer area, was struck by lightning, causing a short circuit and resulting in injuries to the occupants.

The house has sustained damage to its electrical appliances due to the lightning strike, with a short circuit causing the switchboard and meter box to catch fire. A woman and her 5-year-old child inside the house suffered injuries. Both the mother and the child are currently receiving medical treatment at a local hospital.

Lightning strikes can be extremely dangerous, often leading to fires and electrical malfunctions in homes and buildings. It’s crucial to take precautions during thunderstorms and ensure that electrical systems are equipped with adequate surge protection to prevent such incidents.

Lightning safety measures should include staying indoors, avoiding electrical appliances, and following local guidelines and recommendations during adverse weather conditions.

Share this:
News Karnataka

Read More Articles
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Editor's Pick

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp