Mangaluru: In a tragic incident, a teenager died after being electrocuted by a power surge due to a lightning strike on Tuesday July 26.
The deceased has been identified as Rafin (14), a resident of Pullottu near Addahole of Siribagilu village.
According to sources, the boy, who had gone outside to play with his friends, returned home as it started to rain. When he tried to remove his phone from the charger for it, lightning struck the overhead power cables. The power surge reportedly killed the boy.
Uppinangady police have registered a case.