News Karnataka
Monday, February 06 2023
Udupi

Udupi: Gas cylinder explodes, couple injured

Gas explosion,
Photo Credit :

Udupi: A gas cylinder exploded at a residence in Mooda Bettu, Adi Udupi, on Monday June 13 causing a loss of Rs. 2.5 lakh.

The blast happened when Gopal Kotian lighted the diya at his home while praying to the deity.

According to sources, the explosion shattered the window panes of the house and the furniture was completely burnt. Gopal and his wife Savitri were able to escape the house, however, their legs were injured.

Fortunately, no other family members were present at the time of the mishap.

The Fire Department was informed of the incident, but but as the house was not easily accessible to them, nearby neighbours doused the fires by pumping water from their well.

Following the incident, Malpe police visited the spot.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rohan City Corp
Rohan City Corp

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp