News Karnataka
Sunday, April 21 2024
Cricket
Udupi

Udupi: Labourer dies after electrocution in petrol bunk

The body of a boy (17) was found in south Delhi’s forest area on Saturday, an official said.He said that a probe has been initiated in the incident.
Photo Credit : IANS

Udupi: Labourer died after he got electrocuted at a private petrol pump at Padubidri here. T

he deceased has been identified as Ningaraju (19), who hails from Haveri.

As per the sources Ningaraju was asked to dig pit for earthing of power without taking any precautions and that is why he lost his life.

A case has been registered against owner of petrol pump Suresh Shetty and electrical contractor Shivarama Shetty at Padubidri Police Station

Four daily wage labourers were hired from Padubidri Market area on Thursday December 22. Neither the petrol bunk owner nor the electrical contractor made the labourers aware of the electrical cables that were installed beneath the ground where the labourers were asked to dig a pit. The labourers were not even provided electricity resistant gloves as precaution.

When deceased Ningaraju hit the earth with an iron pick axe in order to dig the pit, electricity passed through the axe and thereby he died.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp