Udupi: The lightning that struck has wrecked a house near Shankarapura in Mudabettu Village here causing a woman to faint.
The incident took place on the night of Saturday October 22 causing a loss of over Rs. 2 lakh worth assets.
The owner of the house Leena D’Souza, expressed her shock that the sudden heavy rain, thunder, and lightning took place on the night of Saturday and the incident happened shortly after she entered the house on finishing her prayers.
Initially, the lightning struck the coconut tree in front of the house and damaged the electrical connection of the house. The electric connection that was shared with the house next door was also burnt.
It was dark inside the house and there was a loud noise as soon as the lightning struck. The landlady fainted for about 15 to 20 minutes and husband Anil Gladwin D’Souza was helpless in this situation. Due to this incident, the landlady is weak and needs to seek medical attention.
Katapadi Village Accountant Daniel Domnic D’Souza visited the scene and conducted inspection.