Chamarajanagar: As many as 70 students of a primary school fell ill after consuming their mid-day meals on Monday January 10. The incident happened in a Government Higher Primary School in Wadakehalla in Hanur Taluk of Chamarajanagara District.
The school authorities immediately swung into action and shifted them to the Kaudalli Primary Health Centre (PHC) and got the children treated. The children had developed relentless vomiting and nausea. The school authorities found a house lizard in the Sambar, which had made the food poisonous.
The school has a total strength of 170 children out of which only 90 attended and 70 of them had consumed the mid-day meal prepared at the school.
According to the medical personnel in the PHC, all children are out of danger and responding to the treatment positively.