News Karnataka
Kodagu

Permanent houses in offing for Kodagu floods affected families: UTK - 1 min read

Kodagu: U T Khader, Housing Minister on Tuesday, September 25 said that the proposal to construct a temporary home for the flood victims of Kodagu has been dropped and instead, the government has decided to construct permanent houses and to give Rs 10,000 every month to each house.

He further explained that, Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation has explained that, the permission to build 73,370 houses across the state has been blocked due to certain technical reasons.

The due date for uploading the applications in regard with the house constructions for flood victims has been extended to October 15, the beneficiaries should apply through PDOs in Gram Panchayats, he informed.

“Around 37,508 people had uploaded applications till date and 19,245 applications were accepted while 18,235 applications were rejected” he said.

One lakh houses will be constructed under ‘Chief Minister’s Urban Housing Scheme’ and the slum development committee has approved to construct 23,153 houses, he added.

See also  Schools, colleges to remain shut in Kodagu, Shivamogga and C'magaluru
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to our Podcast across platforms
AnchorAmazon MusicSpotifyGoogle PodcastsRadio PublicRSS

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

Subscribe Newsletter

Get latest news karnataka updates on your email.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp