- Copy Editing and Uploading:
- Copy editing (Titles, Grammar, Punctuation, Structure and flow and fact and name checking where possible) and uploading of all copies sent to desk from the field reporters and upload the same along with photographs on the news website www.newskarnataka.com – This is for English language copies
- Translation and uploading – Sift through the copies in the mail at a given news id pick relevant ones from stringers, translate, edit and upload such copies on the website – www.newskarnataka.com
- Top News selection – Choose which copies should go on to the Top news section or if it should be changed – for this you need to be reader and news savvy.
- Rewriting – Provide rewritten copies of breaking and interesting news from PTI or any other source (Must be rewritten and re-titled) including IANS (which need not be rewritten – access will be provided) in the case of Entertainment – Bollywood and Fashion; National; International; Lifestyle and Health; Business & Technology. This would mean in addition to copy editing, you would be required to upload at least 8 -10 copies if not more on the above topics. An equal distribution between IANS and rewritten copies would be helpful.
- Special Section: It would be good if you can contribute one article a week to the special section of the website – original – on a topic of your choice – We would prefer that it not be an opinion, but actual reportage, with or without a conclusive opinion at the end of it.
- Other relevant news stories suited to the website are welcome.
B: Timings, Salary and Qualification:
- Timings – Will have to work in shifts: 6 – 3 (One hour break in between) or 2 – 10 (One hour break in between) depending on the office situation. Can work from home from 6 am to 9 AM rest in the office. Or in the noon shift – 8 PM onwards. Attendance must be logged in and out. Must be prepared to join before the 20th of December 2016.
- Salary – Between 12000 and 18000 Per month depending on experience.
- Qualification – Preferred graduate, but not very important – What we are looking for are excellent written English skills (grammar, flow, etc), bilingual (Kannada and English preferred), good general knowledge and a nose for news (Man bites Dog kind) and computer literacy of a high order.