Human beings have the ability to adapt to the situation and manage themselves while facing physical, mental or social challenges. Lifestyle too is integral to the same. The aggregation of individual decisions (decisions that is in human being’s control) can be the cause of illness or death. The environment too could have an effect on our health. However, the health of the body and the mind of human beings can be harmed by the things that human beings have little or no control over.
Some of the warning signs of mental illness are as follows:
- Inability to cope with daily activities and problem
- Strange fantasies or delusions
- Excessive anxiety
- Feelings of persistent sadness
- Marked changes in eating or sleeping patterns
- Thoughts about suicide, (severe, maximum or minimum)
- Alcohol abuse
- Hostility, violent behaviour
Tips for caregivers of children
- Help children find positive ways to express their feelings
- Avoid separating children from their parents or caregivers as much as possible.
- Make sure to maintain regular contact with parents and caregivers if the child has to be separated from their wards.
- It is important to maintain the family routine as much as possible and provide age-appropriate engaging activities for children.
Covid – 19 situation
Children may seek more bonding with parents and in this case, discuss what is Covid – 19 according to their age. Make sure to inculcate the below habits.
- They should learn to spend as much time with themselves as possible during the time.
- When the state of mind changes, we need to talk about them as much as possible with the near ones.
- Find area of interest and through them, ward-off boredom and loneliness.
- Keep oneself happy by indulging in activities such as reading a book, watching TV, and watching comedy videos among others.
- We can be patient by consuming sattvic foods as much as possible.
- Similarly, consume vegetarian foods as much as possible.
- It is best to avoid eating highly spicy, and salty food items.
- It is good to stay away from foods that use chemical substances in the form of preservatives as much as possible as the food we eat has an impact on our mood and mental health as well.
Image by Photo Mix