Don Miguel Ruiz authored The Four Agreements. It highlights that once you stop talking negatively to yourself, stop taking situations personally, stop making assumptions, and always try your best, your life will change. It helped understand the value of your relationship with yourself and how it affects your life. It is a good book that is simple to learn. The Four Agreements are: Always Try Your Best, Don’t Take Anything Personally, Be True with Your Word.
It also explains the following things;
- Speak genuinely and with full sincerity
- Just express what you mean.
- Do not use the word to bring down yourself or to spread gossip about others.
- Put the force of your words to work for love and truth.
- Take nothing personally
- What other people say and do is a reflection of their own vision and wishes.
- You won’t suffer unneeded sorrow when you have a strong immune system against the thoughts and acts of others.
- Avoid making assumptions
- Try to be as clear as you can when communicating with others to prevent misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.
Always make it your best efforts; however, realise that this will shift from time to time depending on how you are feeling.
- Just do your best in everything to avoid self-criticism.
Don Miguel Ruiz explains the foundation of self-limiting ideas that lose us of joy and cause needlessly pain in The Four Agreements. The Four Agreements, a strong rule of actions based on the Toltecs wisdom, may swiftly transform our lives and welcome in a new sense of liberation, genuine happiness, and love.
It is a short book, but it is also insightful and subject to dispute. It not only refers to what you already believe but also offers options for how to strengthen them.