The Indian Premier League is among the most anticipated cricket events in the Indian subcontinent and beyond. The 2023 iteration is already underway, having begun on 31 March. Dubbed the IPL 16, it is the 16th T20 cricket league organized by the BCCI. It is slated to end on 28 May and feature 74 matches played in group and playoffs stages. Last year, the BCCI added two more teams to the competition so the excitement will be even more jam-packed this year. Here is a review of the event so far.
The IPL is beloved and widely famous for many reasons. In addition to nail-biting action, it offers betting opportunities like never seen at any other time of the year. And the fact that all the IPL teams are participating this season and there are 18 doubleheaders means that you can use your Parimatch Bonus Code India to wager on an unlimited number of events.
Beyond betting action, however, the competition is already making headlines. The first match saw the Gujarat Titans go up against Chennai Super Kings and win by 5 wickets, with Rashid Khan winning Man of the Match. Results for the other games were as follows:
- Apr 1: Lucknow SuperGiants Vs Delhi Capitals – LSG won by 50 runs
- Apr 1: Punjab Kings Vs Kolkata Knight Riders – PK Won by 7 Runs
- Apr 2: Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Rajasthan Royals – RR won by 72 runs
- Apr 2: Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Mumbai Indians – RCB won by 8 wickets
- Apr 3: Chennai Super Kings Vs Lucknow SuperGiants – CSK won by 12 runs
- Apr 4: Delhi Capitals Vs Gujarat Titans – GT won by 6 wickets
- Apr 5: Punjab Kings Vs Rajasthan Royals – PBKS won by 5 runs
- Apr 6: Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – KKR won by 81 runs
- Apr 7: Lucknow SuperGiants Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – LSG won by 5 wickets
- Apr 8: Rajasthan Royals Vs Delhi Capitals – Rajasthan Royals won by 57 runs
- Apr 8: Chennai Super Kings Vs Mumbai Indians – CSK won by 7 wickets
- Apr 9: Gujarat Titans Vs Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR won by 3 Wickets
- Apr 9: Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Punjab Kings – SH won by 8 wickets
- Apr 10: Lucknow SuperGiants Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – LSG won by 1 wicket
This IPL season has been action-packed from the beginning – it has already produced the Fastest Fifty. With several group matches already played, all eyes are on the match to the quarterfinals, eliminator, and final match. Who will qualify for the elimination stages and win the competition? We are all excited to see.