News Karnataka
Thursday, December 01 2022
Sports

Germany launches probe after cancelled football match

Photo Credit :

Berlin: The German federal prosecutor’s office has launched a probe after the football match between Germany and the Netherlands was cancelled in Hanover due to a terror alarm, the media reported.

The investigation surrounded the suspicion of a terrorist organisation being formed, Xinhua quoted a spokesman for the office as saying on Thursday.

According to the media report, there was evidence of detailed plans for terrorist attacks at the international football match in Hanover.

The report said five terrorists had placed explosives in the stadium and targeted a train station in Hanover.

According to the report, the warnings were based on information from a foreign intelligence service, which said bombs would be detonated in the stadium during the game.

The football match between Germany and the Netherlands was cancelled by German authorities on Tuesday shortly before kick-off due to safety reasons.

However, no suspects have been arrested so far and no explosives were found.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp