The earliest lottery game in Spain is known today as “La Primitiva.” Since its inception in 1763, it has evolved in a manner that is remarkably similar to the present method, allowing players to select four numbers from a total of 90, earning it the nickname “Lottery by Numbers.”
As a consequence of establishing a new lottery that was sold through tickets that had printed a number with which they participated in the draws, this lottery was dubbed La Primitiva. The National Lottery is how we know it now.
The government chose to suppress the previous Primitiva draws in 1862 in order to place a greater focus on the lottery by numbers, which was gaining popularity, and it would not be until 1985, more than a century later, that the Primitiva lottery was brought back to life.
Rules of Playing La Primitiva
To play La Primitiva, all you have to do is pick six numbers from a column of 49. (numbered from 1 to 49).
There are three different types of bets: single, multiple, and reduced bets.
- Single bet: Use as many game columns as you wish, from 1 to 8, with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 8. When playing online, the player can bet on as many columns as they want.
- Multiple bet: Only the first column of the ticket will be utilized in this instance, and you can pick from 7 to 11 numbers. The larger the amount of bets you participate in, the more numbers are highlighted.
- Reduced bet: This is a bet that is given by the system and is generally only utilized on the physical ticket.
How to play from India
To take part in a La Primitiva lottery draw, you no longer need to be a resident of Spain. In Spain, there is a local office that acquires authentic La Primitiva tickets for you in person. You’ll be able to see a scanned copy of your ticket in your account once you’ve completed the transaction.
People who desire to play from India might use the following methods:
- Visit Spain physically and play in.
- A person can bet online by the use of sites like Lottoland, Lotto247, and Playhugelottos.
How to claim your prize
The jackpot for La Primitiva increases with each rollover, and if you win this Spanish lottery online, you will get an automatic email or SMS from theLotter. All rewards are paid immediately into your theLotter account when the results are reported, and the official lottery operator collects the prize money. As a result, you have two options for claiming your prize.
- If you purchased a real paper ticket offline, you must go to the country to claim your reward.
- If you play online, a winning player’s account is rewarded following the draw.
How to receive prizes in India
You can be confident that your ticket is safe and secure when you buy it from Lottoland or Lotto247. When you buy a lottery ticket, you’ll get an email confirmation that serves as evidence of ownership. You’ll be able to see a scanned copy of the ticket in your account as proof of purchase when the local office purchases the tickets in Spain.
Following the draw, your wins will be credited to your account.
How much taxes a winner must pay
Winnings of more than €40,000 are subject to a 20% government-imposed tax, necessitating collection in Spain.