News Karnataka
Wednesday, December 06 2023
Andhra Pradesh

Passenger smokes beedi inside Vande Bharat Express; triggers fire alarm

Passenger Smoke inside Vande Bharat Express toilet triggers panic
Photo Credit : IANS

Amaravati: Smoke in Tirupati-Secunderabad Vande Bharat Express triggered panic among passengers in Andhra Pradesh’s Nellore district on Wednesday.

The train was stopped at Manubolu after the loco pilot was alerted by the staff.

Passengers de-boarded the train in panic.

The railway staff found smoke emanating from the toilet in one of the coaches. Railway officials said a passenger had thrown a burning cigarette and some waste plastic material had caught fire.

The Railway Protection Force (RPF) identified the man and detained him. He was said to be travelling without a ticket.

The train had to be stopped for nearly half an hour due to the incident. According to Divisional Railway Manager Vijayawada, a passenger smoked inside the toilet of C13.

“Fire alarm auto activated on detection of smoke. The said passenger is detained by the RPF at Nellore. Appropriate action would be taken,” he tweeted.

Share this:
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Editor's Pick

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp