News Karnataka
Saturday, April 13 2024
Cricket
Haryana

5 Hospitalized After Eating Mouth Freshener at Gurugram Cafe

Gurugram
Photo Credit : Google

At a cafe in Gurugram on March 2, five people who had eaten mouth freshener after their meal complained of burning in their mouths and began throwing up blood.

Ankit Kumar was with his wife and friends at the Laforestta Cafe in Sector 90 of Gurugram. Mr. Kumar recorded his five friends, including his wife, in the restaurant on camera. They can be seen sobbing and screaming in agony. And then one of the men throws up on the restaurant floor, and another woman puts ice in her mouth and keeps saying, “It’s burning.”

Mr Kumar then says, “We don’t know what they have mixed (in the mouth freshener). Everyone here is vomiting. They have cuts on their tongues. Their mouths are burning. Don’t know what type of acid they have given us.” He then asks people in the cafe to call the police.

“I showed the packet of the mouth freshener to a doctor, who said it was dry ice,” Mr. Kumar said in his police complaint. The doctor claims that the acid is what can cause death.”

According to reports, the victims felt a burning sensation in their mouths and immediately began to throw up. Blood was soon being thrown up by them. Rinsing their mouths with water didn’t work either.

Two of the five hospitalized individuals are reportedly in critical condition.

In response to the victims’ complaints, the police have opened a case against the owner of the restaurant.

Read More

Most-Wanted Gangster, RSS Worker Murder Suspect, Nabbed in South Africa

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp