News Karnataka
Thursday, February 09 2023
Tumakuru

16-year-old boy in K’taka electrocuted after flag pole comes in contact with power

Photo Credit :

Tumakuru: On Sunday August 15, a 16-year-old was electrocuted when came in contact with a live 11 KV wire while erecting a flag post to celebrate Independence Day at Karikere. Two others sustained burns in the incident.

The deceased has been identified as Chandan (16) who was a Class 10 at Chikkatutulukere. Sources state that he was helping the primary school with the arrangements for the 75th Independence Day along with his friends when the accident occurred. His friends Shashank and Pawan sustained burn injuries.

According to the reports, the tragedy happened as the man who was assigned to erect the flag post failed to show up. Thus, they took up the task. When they raised the pole, it came into contact with the 11 KV line and all three collapsed. Chandan was rushed to Sridevi Medical College Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rohan City Corp
Rohan City Corp

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp