News Karnataka
Thursday, April 25 2024
Mangaluru

39th annual convocation of Mangaluru University to be held on April 10

Mangalur391
Photo Credit :

Mangaluru: The 39th annual convocation of Mangaluru University will be held on April 10 at 11.00 am at Mangala auditorium on the Mangalore University campus. Padma Shri Dr Sudha Murty, chairperson of Infosys Foundation, will be the chief guest and deliver the convocation address in the virtual mode. Vice chancellor Prof P S Yadapadithaya will preside and grace the occasion.

During this convocation, Mangaluru University will award 117 Doctor of Philosophy degrees (Arts- 27, Science – 63, Commerce- 14 and Education- 13). Out of 117 candidates, 54 (46%) are women candidates and 63 (54%) are men candidates in which 14 are foreign nationals. There will be 10 gold medallists. There are 188 ranks, out of which 69 students are 1st rank holders (PG-52 & UG-17: Arts- 17; Science & Technology- 36; Commerce- 09; Education-04 and PG Diploma-03).

The particulars of total number of candidates who appeared and passed during 2019-20 in various examinations conducted by Mangalore University are briefly presented as follows:

A total of 43,743 candidates appeared for the examinations and 33,806 (77.28%) have passed. The course wise statistics are – in the PG courses out of 6,657 candidates who appeared, 6,397 (96.09%) have passed and out of 36,940 UG students who appeared, 27,263 (73.80%) have passed and in PG Diploma course out of 29 candidates who appeared, all (100%) have passed.

Out of 6,397 PG students who have passed, boys account for 1,656 (25.89%) and the girls represent 4,741 (74.11%). Similarly at the UG level, out of 27,263 candidates who passed, 10,900 (39.98%) are boys and the remaining 16,363 (60.02%) are girls. As far as the PG Diploma examinations are concerned, out of 29 candidates who passed, 16 (55.17%) are boys and the remaining 13(44.83%) are girls. With regard to the gender composition, out of 33,806 total number of candidates who passed, 12,635 (37.38%) are boys (Pass percentage of boys 68.65%) and the girls represent 21,171 (62.62%) (Pass percentage of girls 83.55%).

As far as total performance in the examinations is concerned, out of 33,689 (Except PhD) candidates who passed, 11,452 (33.99%) account for distinction/O+/O grade, 13,001 (38.59%) are first class/A+/A Grade, 7,708 (22.88%) are second class/B+/B grade and the remaining 1,528 (4.54%) belonged to pass class/C grade.

In view of Covid -19 situation, only PhD candidates, gold medallists and first rank holders will receive their degree in person. As many as 101 cash prizes will be sent through cheque by post to the students and students who have applied for degree certificate will receive their certificates by post.

Due to Covid pandemic, the pending doctorate degrees will be awarded in the 39th convocation.

Share this:
Media Release

Read More Articles
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Nktv
Nktv Live

To get the latest news on WhatsApp