News Karnataka
Saturday, August 13 2022
Mysuru

Chlorine gas leak: Over 69 fall ill in Mysuru

Photo Credit :

Mysuru: As many as 69 people, including schoolchildren, fell ill after inhaling chlorine fumes allegedly leaking from Vani Vilas Water Works on KRS Road on Monday March 7, causing panic in Railway Quarters and surrounding areas of the City.

Residents in neighbouring areas suffered breathing problems and were sent to different hospitals. A few people are said to be in critical condition, informed official.

According to sources, chlorine gas leaked from a cylinder used by the Railways to purify water.

The Fire and Emergency Services Department rushed to the scene shortly after the incident and stopped the leakage.
Children who complained of vomiting and difficulty breathing were rushed to Cheluvamba Hospital, while others were taken to Railway Hospital. All of the children in the age group of 10-15 years are doing well. One of the children had asthma, and he received special treatment, informed doctors at Cheluvamba Hospital.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Visit 7Jackpots and find the best online casinos in India! Play the most popular casino games for real money!

Find the best odds at 10Cric and ipl betting 2021! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

Subscribe Newsletter

Get latest news karnataka updates on your email.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp