News Karnataka
Wednesday, February 28 2024
World

Fatal Mix-Up: Baby Placed in Oven Instead of Crib, Ends in Tragedy

Baby
Photo Credit : Google

When a baby in the US was accidentally placed in the oven to take a nap, the baby passed away. The terrible event occurred on Friday afternoon when Missourian police responded to a report of a baby who was one month old and had stopped breathing. The child was unconscious and had severe burns when they arrived at the scene. At the scene, the baby was pronounced dead.

According to first responders, the baby’s mother unintentionally put her in the oven rather than the crib when she put her down for a nap.

The statement didn’t elaborate on how such a mistake could have happened. The incident’s surrounding circumstances have also not been made public.

Meanwhile, the baby’s mother identified as Mariah Thomas, has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child. According to the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office, Thomas ”faces the Class A felony of Endangering the Welfare of a Child in the 1st Degree, Death of a Child.”

”We appreciate all first responders who worked this scene and the prosecutors who went to the scene to issue these charges. We acknowledge the gruesome nature of this tragedy and our hearts are weighted by the loss of this precious life. We trust the criminal justice system to respond appropriately to these awful circumstances,” Jackson County prosecuting attorney Jean Peters Baker said in a statement.

Read More

Worm Found in Dairy Milk; Cadbury Issues Response

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp